If you live in Istria this things probably sound familiar: reading a book under pine tree, catching fish, picking olives, having a natural lemon in your garden, eating seafood and drinking good wine.
Today I’ll try to give you just a little scent of Istria and Adriatic Sea with one delicious recipe that includes full bellies and house filled with rosemary smell. Try it, you won’t be sorry!
Active Prep: 20 min
Total Time: 1h 20 min
- 2 or 3 pieces of fresh white fish, for example Mediterranean Sea Bream or European Bass
- 6 potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- black pepper
- a little bit of white wine
- lemon juice
- Clean the fish and put it in a marinade made of olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, 1 smashed garlic clove, salt, pepper and one rosemary sprig. Leave it in a fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Turn on the oven to 220°C (428 F)
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into wedges. Place them in the baking dish, pour olive oil over them, add 2 sprigs of rosemary, 2 garlic cloves, salt, pepper and toss thoroughly. Put the dish in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, turn the potatoes over and lay the fish on the top. Pour a little bit of marinade over fish and cook another 30 minutes or so (depends how big the fish is), until the fish is ready and the potatoes feel tender when tested with a fork.
- Serve it with green salad and enjoy.
Don’t forget a glass of white wine. You can’t miss with malvasia Kabola from Momjan.